Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund partnered with Population, Public and Indigenous Health, My Health Alberta, multiple strategic clinical networks and other vital AHS partners to create a website that provides Albertans with consistent, reliable, evidence-informed prevention information.
Healthier Together is designed to target primary prevention and compliment the secondary prevention resource, MyHealthAlberta.ca. No matter where Albertans are – at work, in their communities, at home or in a healthcare setting – our team wants them to have easy access to information, tools and proven strategies that make it easier to take action. Our goal is to give everyone a fair chance for health and encourage entire communities making changes toward healthier ways of living and working. Together, we can.
- To create a single interactive prevention website consisting of tools, information and resources to drive healthy behaviour change in Albertans where they get healthcare, live, work and play.
- Reinforce the boarder vision of AHS: Healthy Albertans. Healthy Communities. Together.
This website was created in collaboration with the following partners:
- Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund
- Alberta Healthy Living Program
- Public Health Surveillance & Infrastructure
- Bone and Joint
- Cardiovascular Health and Stroke
- Addiction and Mental Health
- Respiratory Health
- Seniors Health
- Diabetes, Obesity and Nutrition
- Kidney Health
Other AHS Partners
- Health Link
- MyHealth Alberta
- Zone Public Health
- Nutrition and Food Services
- Primary Health Care
- Alberta Parks and Recreation
- Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan
- University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine
- University of Alberta, School of Public Health
- University of Calgary, Medicine and Community Health Services
- Alberta Centre for Active Living